As of January 19, 2010 the jQuery mailing lists are no longer actively moderated or tracked by the jQuery team. We highly recommend that you move your conversations over to the new jQuery Forum:
More information about the move:
- Using jQuery - this is the best place to post if you have general questions or concerns. Also, if you've built a site that uses jQuery, or would like to announce a new plugin, this is the place to do it.
- Developing jQuery Core - This mailing list centers around development of the jQuery library itself. Post here if you have questions about certain bugs, development with jQuery, features, or anything in the bug tracker or Git.
- Using jQuery UI - the place to discuss use of jQuery UI Interactions, Widgets, and Effects - Draggable, Droppable, Resizable, Selectable, Sortable, Accordion, Datepicker, Dialog, Progressbar, Slider, Tabs, Theming.
- Developing jQuery UI - the place to discuss development of jQuery UI itself - including bugs, new plugins, and how you can help. All jQuery UI svn commits are posted to this list to facilitate feedback, discussion, and review. Also note that a lot of the development and planning of jQuery UI takes place on the jQuery UI Development and Planning Wiki
- Usigin jQuery Plugins - If you are a plugin author or user and you wish to discuss specific plugins, plugin bugs, new features, or new plugins.
At the bottom of each of the forums is an RSS feed you can subscribe to.
The mailing lists are the right place to ask when you have some unresolved problem with jQuery. To ensure that you'll get a useful answer in no time, please consider the following advice:
- ensure your markup is valid
- use Firebug to see if you have an exception
- use Firebug to inspect the html classes, css. etc.
- reduce to a minimal test case (keep removing things until the problem goes away, etc.)
- provide that test case as part of your mail, either upload it somewhere or post it on jsbin.com
In general, keep your question short and focused and provide only essential details - others can be added when required.
A lot of issues are IE specific, make sure you cover these:
Currently, there are two different ways of browsing the mailing list archives.
- The official mailing list archives can be found here:
- Also, an interactive, browsable, version of the General Discussion mailing list can be found on Nabble (a forum-like mailing list mirror):
Chat / IRC Channel
jQuery also has a very active IRC channel, #jquery, hosted by freenode.
The IRC Channel is best if you need quick help with any of the following:
If your problem is more in-depth, we may ask you to post to the mailing list, or the bug tracker, so that we can help you in a more-suitable environment.
You can also connect at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#jquery
Additionally we have #jquery-es and #jquery-de if you want to speak your native language.
If you wish to post code snippets to the channel, you should use a paste site, like http://jsbin.com/